4 May 2019

Crete | travel diary


 Hi!
During Easter break, I had a chance to go to Crete- one of the largest and most populous of the Greek islands. I went there with my sister and parents and we had a lovely time. It was my second time in Greece and I'am amazed by the beauty and culture of it. The weather wasn't perfect, but I managed to swim in the sea several times. Our apartment was located near Chania (a little more about this town later) but we visited a lot of other places. Today, I want to show you some of the best locations to see.

   Chania 
 From our place we had 3 kilometers to one of the biggest cities on Crete- Chania. The town was established by Venetians and we can still notice signs of their architecture or style. It lies along the coast and is full of long, sunny beaches with clear water. After walking around convoluted and colourful streets, we can go to one of the numerous restaurants, with a view of a beautiful landscape. 
I could see snowy tops of mountains which make a wonderful impression.







 Rethymno 

 What I like the most about this city is the connection of the modernity along with history and culture.  On the first photo, you  can see a fountain, which was built in 1626. 
 Long, beautifully decorated streets also made me feel impressed.



Elafonisi and pink sand beach

That was definitely my favourite point of our trip. I have never seen such a clear and pour water before. On the beach we can spy a small amount of pink sand, which look amazing. Unfortunately, the wind was so strong that I couldn't take a good photo, but it was still worth to see.








  
Other places
 Except for locations named before, we visited a lot of different places, for example  Zorbas Beach where quite popular movie was filmed.






Crete is a wonderful place, with very friendly people and beautiful landscapes. Everybody will find there something to do because nature and culture are mixed side by side. 

That's everything I wanted to share with you. I hope that the post appealed to you. 

Have you ever been on Crete? Do you like travelling?
 

17 comments:

  1. I've never been to Crete before but the pictures look so beautiful! I loved looking at all the buildings, and the beach looks really nice as well. I'd love to relax there. Thanks for sharing! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have never seen pink sand before! such a nice trip ! i'd love to visit Crete one day!

    https://www.clairetalksbeauty.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so cool that you got to go to Crete! It is such a gorgeous island, the sea looks nice as well. I like the vibes of the town and it is so cool to see parts of the ruins still up from the 1600's. The beach looks great! Glad you enjoyed your time out there :)!

    Nancy ♥ exquisitely.me

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never been to Crete too but it's one of the beautiful place and I love the history behind it too!

    Only Yesterday

    ReplyDelete
  5. Greece has such undeniable charm. I'd love to visit this country so much, especialy Crete and Rhodos, I had the latter is an amazing place. Did you have a chance to go there as well?
    Dorota
    www.journalofdorota.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Grecja jest cudownym miejscem. No bo jak mandarynki mogą rosnąć normalnie na drzewach jak jabłka? Zawsze mnie to fascynowalo u nas 20 stopni to już upał a tam czasami jest tyle w zimę :D sądzę że kiedyś odwiedzę Grecję bo na razie miałam jedynie okazję w brzuchu u mamy :D
    by-tala.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh wow! Such a beautiful place with gorgeous landscape. Definitely worth checking out!

    love lots,
    Tin

    mypoeticisolation.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't been to Crete before, but after seeing these shots, I wouldn't mind visiting at all. Such lovely scenery.

    https://www.missymayification.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. all these photos are so beautiful and dreamy.

    anyway, I like your blog, wanna follow each other? please let me know. thanks :)

    JULIE ANN LOZADA BLOG
    INSTAGRAM: @julieann_lozada

    ReplyDelete
  10. The photos are stunning *_*

    Shoot for the stars | ☆ ☆ ☆ | Facebook page | ☆ ☆ ☆ | Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've never been to Crete, but heard so many good things about it! Your pictures look amazing, glad you had a lovely time. The beach pictures look so pretty and relaxing

    Chloe xx
    www.chloechats.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kocham Grecję całym sercem! Cudowne zdjęcia ♥

    http://istotaludzkaa.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice to see a blog post about Crete, it's one place that I'm interested to see one day, love the beach photos. Thanks for dropping by my blog and nice to see your blog too. I love travelling so much, you can come to my blog anytime as I talk much about new places often.

    www.busyandfab.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Prześliczne i bajeczne zdjęcia! Marzy mi się tam znaleźć, nigdy nie byłam w Grecji :)

    zofia-adam.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Piękne zdjęcia! Beautiful photos!


    http://toskaonline.blogspot.com/?m=1

    ReplyDelete

- za wszystkie komentarze dziękuję <3,
- zaobserwuj mnie, a ja zrobię to samo,
- zostaw w komentarzu link do swojego bloga, na pewno wpadnę.