26 March 2020

A few days in Israel



A short disclaimer: This entry was written about a month ago. No wonder - now I'm stuck at home, because of the Coronavirus. I'm really glad I've been able to go on my winter holidays before the pandemic held me off. 
I'm also so sorry about this long break from writing - I had a serious reason.


  Recently, I visited Eilat, in Israel. I really enjoyed my time there, because of many different factors. First of all, I had a chance to escape cold, windy weather and recharge my batteries. Getting some vitamin D in winter and putting aside all of your worries for a while really do wonders. I also learned many fascinating things about this country, religion and definitely got some perspective. Today I want to show you some photos from Eilat, as well as from the different cities I visited.




Eilat

This port city is located in the middle of the gold desert. Eilat is adjacent to the Egyptian and Jordanian border. Additionally, from numerous hiking trails, you can see the peaks of mountains expanding on the Saudi Arabian side.  It is a popular resort with a lot of tourists visiting it every year and kind local people, always ready to help. 
I didn't think that I would swim in the Red Sea, but the idea of watching colourful aquatic life was stronger and I eventually decided to snorkel a few times. In fact, the water's temperature is similar all year round, so don't miss out on admiring numerous coral reefs and swimming in a crystal clear water. 









 Red Canyon 

Hiking among red, narrow walls is a magnificent experience. The trail is quite easy and accessible so it gives you a chance to fully admire the colourful gorge. 











 Bethlehem & Jerusalem

The city is located in the central West Bank in Palestine, and it surprised me in a nice way. I visited Church of the Nativity and a few different tourist spots. What made the biggest impression on me was the narrow streets and a peaceful atmosphere I experienced while strolling along them. 
   
Jerusalem is a beautiful, ancient city, one of the oldest in the world. It
is considered holy to three religions - Judaism, Christianity, and Islam.
 Seeing so many diverse people, respecting and being kind to each other is an unforgettable experience.







  Jordan River

This place is significant for Jews as well as for Christians. According to the Bible, Israelites crossed it into the Promised Land and Jesus was baptized by John the Baptist in it. Honestly, I imagined it would look different, but I'm still glad I visited this place.


Dead Sea

The Dead Sea is actually a lake full of salt. It is a great spot also for non-swimmers because drowning in its salty water is practically impossible. You can lie down on its surface and enjoy the moment.





 Israel is a country with a complicated and really interesting history. If you like travelling to such places than definitely plan a trip there.
It is also a great escape from freezing, wintery weather in many countries. A few days in Eilat's sunny beaches will definitely make you ready for new challenges and let you recharge your batteries.
However, I would recommend visiting it at Winter or Autumn, because Summer's hot temperatures are unbearable for most trvellers. 


Do you like travelling? What are your favourite countries?






 
 

23 comments:

  1. Niesamowite są te zdjęcia !
    by-tala.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cudowne są te fotki! Niesamowite widoki ♥ Zazdroszczę takiego wyjazdu :) Dobrze, że ci się udało jeszcze przed pandemia tam wybrać

    zofia-adam.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Israel looks so beautiful. I'm glad you enjoyed your visit x

    Sophie
    www.glowsteady.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Przepiękne widoki!
    Zazdroszczę mega, zwłaszcza teraz, gdzie siedzę w domu i tak bardzo tęsknię za dworem.
    Cudowna wycieczka, mam nadzieję, że i ja kiedyś będę miała możliwość taką przeżyć.

    Pozdrawiam xoxo

    Niallerkaa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Israel looks like such a beautiful country! Those pictures of the red rock and mountains are STUNNING! That's so beautiful that you were able to learn about so many different religions during your time there. Israel is such an interesting place with such interesting history. My grandparents visited many years ago and they loved their trip there. Thank you for sharing your lovely trip!

    Jill
    https://jilliancecilia.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Piękne widoki! Szkoda, że teraz można podziwiać je jedynie na zdjęciach...
    Pozdrawiam i życzę dużo zdrówka, Werka

    jelonkowa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wygląda to niesamowicie!
    Super byłoby przenieść się właśnie tam teraz na kilka dni :D
    Fajnie, że piszesz po angielsku, mogę trochę się podszkolić i wypróbować przez to :)

    live-telepathically.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahh these pictures look absolutely lovely, I'm glad you got to go before all of this happened. I've never been to Israel before. Reading about their history and culture is super interesting! Thanks for sharing girly! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for sharing. It looks amazing!
    https://mellifluous-blog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such lovely view! Israel is amazing! Hope to be able to visit it someday

    Hope you stay healthy and safe
    xoxo
    style frontier

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've always wanted to visit Israel. It has such a complex but rich history. To swim in the Dead Sea has always been on my bucketlist too. Thanks for the heads up about when to travel. I am not a summer kind of gal so traveling during their heat would not be enjoyable hahaha!

    Sxx
    daringcoco.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great photos! The Red Canyon hike looks like such an amazing experience - I'd love to do that x

    https://www.femaleoriginal.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! Thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It’s interesting. Is this your last blog?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Israel is a great place, thanks for sharing the photos

    ReplyDelete
  16. Unique yet distinctive from others

    ReplyDelete
  17. I had an amazing time at in this placs and couldn’t have asked for a better day like this.

    ReplyDelete

- za wszystkie komentarze dziękuję <3,
- zaobserwuj mnie, a ja zrobię to samo,
- zostaw w komentarzu link do swojego bloga, na pewno wpadnę.